Thursday, May 31, 2012

When God Shows Up



Don't you just love it when God shows up in the little things?  I know I do.  Actually, that is what this blog is dedicated to...God in the little things.  That is why I write about nutrition, breastfeeding, babies, essential oils and more; I believe God gave us those gifts and can be seen in all of them.

Today I was feeling stressed.  Nothing big, just Mommy stress.  My oldest was being belligerent and rude at every turn, and my efforts at teaching her kindness seemed endlessly hopeless today.  My youngest is beyond tired, yet my three efforts to get him to take a nap (which he usually loves) have all failed. 

So, I did what any wonderful Mom would do; I packed them up in the car and took a short drive.  That is where God showed up!

First, it began to rain, and God's nourishing goodness rained down on our parched land bringing a refreshing over our plants and trees.  (Maybe that is why everyone was grumpy...we were waiting for rain). 

Next, as KSBJ was playing on the radio I began to hear my youngest's voice echo out the words to Hallelujah:

Jesus, please come, please come today
Heal me, hear me, be near me I pray

Hallelujah

Let me tell you, there is nothing that straightens out an attitude so quickly (especially a grumpy Mom) than hearing her son sing praises to God!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!