Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Vapor Rub with Essential Oils


When the weather changes and the coughs and sniffles try to attack, sometimes you just need a soothing vapor rub. 

Anytime I think of vapor rub it takes me back to my childhood when my grandmother, Mamaw, would lather all of us grand-kids up at even the first sign of a tickly throat.  It was both soothing and irritating.  Soothing because Mamaw was making such a fuss over us.  Irritating because we didn't even have to be the one that coughed to get slathered with the stuff.  I can still smell the eucalyptus and feel its thick tingle on my chest. 
Whether for yourself or your kiddos, this easy, all natural and non-toxic recipe is just the soothing recipe you were looking for.  So ditch the over-the-counter rubs, grab your Young Living Essential Oils, and feel good about what you put on your body even if you are feeling a little down under.



Vapor Rub

5 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (natural anti-viral)
1 Tablespoon Evening Primrose Oil
(or sweet almond, olive, coconut...)
2 Tablespoons Beeswax
8 - 10 drops Melaluca Alternifolia Essential Oil (Tea Tree)
15 - 20 drops any combination of RC, Eucalyptus Radaita, Eucalyptus Golubus, Eucalyptus Blue or Breathe Again Essential Oils
(I like Eucalyptus Radaita, Lemon and Lavender.  Another great combination is Cypress with Peace and Calming and one of the Eucalyptus oils.)


Directions


In a double boiler, melt the coconut oil and evening primrose oil.  Add the beeswax, chopped up (or in granules) and stir until melted.  Add the essential oils and stir to combine.  Pour into a 4-oz. glass jar and allow to cool.
I store mine room temperature, but can be stored in the fridge, because I want it soft enough to spread on children's feet.  Put the salve on their feet at night, cover with socks, and hopefully sleep through the night!

(Note: These are not Young Living recipes.  These are recipes I have found and tweaked for my own personal use.)


Recommended Oils:
Melaluca Alternifolia (Tea Tree)
Eucalyptus Radaita
Eucalyptus Golubus
Eucalyptus Blue
RC
Breathe Again
Thieves
Rosemary (avoid when pregnant or on kids under age 5)
Peppermint (avoid on kids under age 5)
Lavender
Peace & Calming
Cypress
Valor

Need oils?  Go sign up today by clicking HERE.  Feel free to use my number of 1069772 when you join. Great News!  It doesn't matter which country you live in; Young Living has a major presence all over the globe! 

Leave your positive comments, suggestions and feedback…I love to hear from you!  And don’t forget to “Share the Health!”





*Note: All information provided in this blog or on any of my other social media sites are my personal opinion.  I am required by the FDA to state that I am not a professional healthcare provider and all statements are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any disease or illness.  If you are sick, please contact a professional healthcare provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!