Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Freedom in Health

I have been reading comments and listening to friends and family that know about our health journey and I wanted to inform the rest of you of what I feel and think.  I am greatful to have such supportive family and friends, but I do realize that some readers out there do not know me.

First, we always thought we were healthy eaters and were (and still are) proud of that fact, but after my daughter showed severe signs of intolerance to artificial food color and other petroleum based food additives we were forced to look more closely at what we were putting into our bodies.  We were shocked at what we found and at what the FDA allows into our food.  Through our personal crash course of learning I thought it would be nice to share the information I have learned with others out there that may also be struggling with their health or their children's health and behavioral issues; or with others that truly care about their health but simply do not know what these ingredients are and what food processing does to our diets and bodies.  I am not trying to force you to use essential oils or eat all organic, become a vegetarian or a raw foodie.  My blog is simply informational and life experiences (along with some fun and light hearted issues) being put out there for the world to read.

Second, I am not telling you to change!  Rather, I believe that change is a personal process brought on by convictions, and I can not dictate your convictions.  Instead, I simply hope to get the information in front of you so you can decide what changes (if any) are important to you and your family.

I believe that ignorance is scary and am personally happy to know more in this area now than I ever have before (as I am sure you know more in other areas).  Actually, I hope to keep learning and sharing what I learn with you over time.  Please, do not feel condemned by any of my posts, but rather take and leave what you want.

By-the-way, I still have junk from time-to-time (but I know when I am doing it); whereas my daughter is simply not able to ever have junk at this time in her life.  Her body goes into complete melt down mode and it lasts for WEEKS!  (I will post on her journey in the future).  As a parents we decided that if one of us can not have something then it is not allowed in our home and we will all have that same diet.  It is only fair that way our 4-year old does not feel left out in the least little bit.  The good news is that she truly enjoys eating like this and literally feels the difference.  She use to suffer from rages and night mares and obedience issues that have been eradicated simply by changing her diet.  If she even has a speck of ingestiable petroleum she actually feels what she calls 'the monster' coming on!  If you or someone in your family suffers from allergies, asthma, hyperactivity, mood swings, depression, skin problems, fatigue, chronic illness or any of the other side effects listed in my Dirty Dozen post then just stop and take a look at what you are putting into your body; it may be the entire cause, partial cause or not have anything to do with you.  You use your good judgement and decide.

Last, I don't want to make anyone obsessive about their eating and health.  I truly just want each person and family unit to find their own convictions and live within their own family's rhythm.  My family has been forced to look at everything, and although it was tricky at first I am truly grateful because since the change we almost never get sick and have more energy.  We just overall feel better!  Not only that, but it is no longer something I think about when shopping or going out; it is now just a normal way of life.  We feel free to be healthy instead of struggle to be healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!