Friday, February 5, 2010

Potty Training

OK. I realize I have not blogged for a LOOOONG time, but hey...I just didn't feel like blogging. Now that something pivotal is taking place in my daughter's life I decided it is time to post again. That something pivotal is POTTY TRAINING and the 'Terrific Two's'.

Mackenzie has been showing signs of going into the terrible -I mean- 'Terrific Two's' for a month or two now, but nothing to dramatic. The occasional throwing herself on the floor when she was mad or random hitting or kicking when she didn't get her way. She would only do this about once a week at first, then she decided to go for a minimum of twice a week. No big deal. I can handle twice a week, and so can she.

But then -loud music playing DUH, DUH, DUH- we started potty training. The first week was AWESOME. She only had accidents the first two or three days, then days 4-7 she did great. She loved going on the potty (no poo, but that is another story). She loved putting stickers on her potty chart and washing her hands and doing the victory potty dance. We were laughing and having a great time. Day 8 there began some rebellion. She started saying, "NO" when I told her it was time to go to the potty. I thought maybe we were going to often, so I backed off from every hour to every hour and a half to two hours. This worked for day 8, but on day 9 she would just YELL, "NOOOOOO" when it was time to go to the potty then she would just pee in her big girl panties. Yes, pee all over the floor. I thought this was just a stage, but on day 10 she started throwing these yelling tantrums with kicking, biting and hitting if I asked her to do anything (get dressed, eat lunch, go potty...anything!). And these tantrums didn't last just a minute or just five minutes; they lasted 45 minutes each, and she threw 5 or 6 of them each day! No matter what I did, hugs, kisses, reading a book, leaving her alone; nothing worked to soothe her and she just continued on with her rebellion of whatever. So I decided that today(day 12 of potty training) we would just take a break. She can wear a diaper today and I will take her to the potty only a few times today. Did the potty training aggravate the 'Terrific Two's', or is she just testing her limits? Is she not ready to potty train? She finds it easy to tinkle in the potty so that shouldn't be it!

Uggg.

Oh, and NO MORE KARATE KID the movie until her tantrums stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!