Monday, February 22, 2010

30 Things While 30 - List

Well, I have not been working on my 30 things list and really need to at least get some momentum going. I also have not had any suggestions from my friends as to what I should put on my list. Here is the deal. I am making a list of 30 things to do during my 30th year of life. I will turn 30 on August 18th.

My list thus far:

1. Get pregnant with baby #2 or already be pregnant and have baby #2, or get pregnant and have baby #2. This all depends on when I actually get pregnant, so cut me some slack.

2. Go on a family vacation. Seriously. We have NEVER had a family vacation unless our honeymoon counts. We went to Disney with my parents, brother and niece and nephews, but that does not count. We also went to Bandera with Wayne's family, sisters and niece, but that does not count either. I am talking about the Sherwood family vacation.

3. Draw Closer to God. I'd like to think that I already have a good relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ, but I KNOW it can be even better and more amazing.

4. Go on more than 1 date with my hubby. Seriously, we need a regular date night - once a week or once a month - just the two of us.

5. Go outside the borders of Texas. I love Texas and want to stay here, but I think I need to travel some. I use to travel for work quite a bit and have been a lot of places, but my hubby and daughter have not. We need to go somewhere. Maybe this and #2 go hand-in-hand, and maybe not.

6. Get into arts and crafts. I have recently acquired a love for making cute baby girl things as baby shower gifts, and I would love to expand to baby boy stuff, kids stuff and even things for adults. This is a fun outlet.

7. Pray with and Encourage Strangers. I don't know how to explain this, so we will just leave it at that.

8. Be a better friend. Let's face it; I HATE using the phone. I don't call people; well, pretty much never call people, so if you are not on the Internet, or I don't see you in person, or you don't take the initiative it probably won't get done. So here is to more phone calls and initiative from my end of the relationship.

9. Be more spontaneous. I would like to think that I use to be a spontaneous person, but after illness, work, marriage, a child and lack of money I have seemingly lost most of my spontaneity. So here is to getting it back.

10. Work out at the YMCA at least 3x's a week. Seriously, why not get in shape. Preggo or not I am going to work out.

11. Get Mackenzie in her own bed - ALL NIGHT. Mackenzie always starts out in her own bed, but somehow ends up in our bed sometime during the night. (she use to sleep in her own bed all night...what happened?) Hopefully this will happen before I am 30. When it does I will change this number 11 to something else.

12. Have (and keep) a nice front and back yard. Have you seen our yard!!! It needs a lot of work. A yard can be like another room on you house if it is nice.

13. Visit my Hubby at work at least twice a month. I think it is nice to break up his day with our presence - lol.

OK, so as you can see I need more ideas. Can you lend me a hand...please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!