Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yes, No, Maybe

This is a strange topic...it is about pee. Not just any pee, but my daughter's pee and what is going on lately.

Three nights ago Mackenzie half woke up crying and complaining around 2am. I went into her room to find that her night time diaper had become so full that it not only leaked but it SOAKED her, her pajamas, her stuffed lamb and her bed. So I stripped her down, cleaned her up, changed her diaper, put on a clean set of pajamas and took her to Daddy to snuggle with while I went in to change her sheets and clean up the rest of the mess.

After the whole ordeal Mackenzie was so awake that she had trouble falling back asleep, so I then had to stay up another hour getting her back down in her bed.

But wait, that's not all! This has happened EVERY NIGHT for 3 nights now. Just when we have her sleeping really well this starts happening.

So here is the 'Yes, No, Maybe' part. Do I stop giving her liquids before bed? What time to I stop? Can I just give her less? How much less? This is hard because Mackenzie LOVES to drink water and milk and I don't want to tell her, "I know you are thirsty, but I can't give you any water even though it is good for you and keeps you hydrated." Duh, seriously! And she will not stop asking for a 'drink' or 'thirsty' until I give it to her, and if I don't give it to her she will cry which will make her more thirsty and will dehydrate her. Where is the balance? We must find one, and soon!

3 comments:

  1. Natalie, I found these inserts called "Diaper Doublers". Here is the website (scroll down on the page) http://www.healthpursuit.com/Luvs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you can always try under pads too. They are the kind that they use at the hospital, the site earlier has them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just cut off her liquids an hour before bed. allow her a quick sip of water just before putting her in bed. we had the same problem with Kendall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!