Saturday, September 5, 2009

18 Months

I was going to write this yesterday when Mackenzie hit her 18-month milestone, but time just slipped away from me.

Wow...Mackenzie is 18-months old. That is 1 and 1/2 years; ALREADY.

There are moments when I feel like she was brought into this world just yesterday, and other moments when I feel as though she has been with us forever, but no matter how I look at her life with us I still find it hard to believe that my precious baby is already 18-months old.

She has turned our world upside down in the most wonderful way imaginable. Almost as if life before her was actually upside down and life with her is now right side up.

Anyway, we have not taken her to her well-baby check up yet, so I don't have height and weight statistics, but if she is still on the same track as before we know she will be in 95%-100% for both. I will post after that visit. :) I think about how I was almost always the shortest and smallest person in my class at school, and I realize that there is a good chance that Mackenzie may almost always be the tallest person in her class...lol, that makes me smile. Especially because I always wanted to be the tallest, and I had it in my mind that I would be at least 5' 10" but maybe closer to 6' as an adult. Hahaha, all 5' 3" of me.

Here are some updates. If Mackenzie is not teething she sleeps through the night in her own bed without any problems. She is trying to cut her final tooth before her 2 year molars, so we should have a teething break for a while. When she wakes up in the morning the fist thing she asks for is "bunket" which is her blanket. She LOVES playing with the dog, and giggles the entire time. She also enjoys a riveting game of Peek-A-Boo as long as you act like you have no idea where she is when she is hiding under her blanket, then she can pull out the big reveal with a HUGE SMILE on her face. She loves to eat, but has definitely lowered her food intake some. Last night she found that she really enjoys using chop-stix. That was a sight to see :) She runs at an amazing speed for such a little tyke, and she enjoys spilling her blocks out on the floor so she can then lay down in the middle of them and roll around. Pretty funny if you ask me. She loves to pray and always closes in a loud AMEN. She is a typical Girlie-Girl: loves SHOES, JEWELRY, MAKEUP, NAIL POLISH, and PURSES. She also wants a bike and a baby doll. She hugs and kisses all of her toys and rocks her glow worm to sleep on a daily basis. Oh, and when no one is around or she has warmed up to whoever is there...she is a jabber box; talk, talk, talk.

All in all, I LOVE my sweet little girl and couldn't imagine life without her. Happy 18-months, Mackenzie.

2 comments:

  1. We can celebrate her 1.5 years on Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! It is crazy how fast it goes eh? Hope you are feeling all better :) Miss you guys and hope to play soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!