Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nights 3 & 4

So Far So Good.

Nap time on days 3 & 4 looked pretty much identical to the nap time on day 2, so nothing new to post there. Bed time is where the real difference occurred.

Bed time on night 3 was pretty much the same as night 2, but on Night 4... Wow, what a difference. We did our usual bed time routine, but she was wet so I also changed her diaper. When I was done with that she said, "Rock" which means she wants me to rock her in her glider. I told her, "OK, but in 5 minutes you will be going to bed." So with the lights off I rocked her then I gave her a 1 minute last call for enjoying the rocking so she would know what came next. She said, "NO." So I said, "OK, 2 more minutes then off to bed." That is what we did. I rocked her for 2 more minutes then I laid her in her bed and tucked her in. She didn't make a peep. She just quietly snuggled down and drifted off to sleep. This is very excititng.

I think I will wait to change her bed over to the toddler setting until she has been sleeping well with this routine for at least a week. I hate to mess up a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I am shocked your Dr said to move her out of her crib! Jackson was always 100% for height and we waited until after his second bday. I say if she is not trying to crawl out leave her. The only reason I moved Jackson is becasue Ava was coming. Ava will stay until 3 if I can keep her in it. I guess that means we have to buy another crib :S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!