Friday, December 5, 2008

Poo Part 2

Yes, I am broaching the subject of POO yet again. Scary, huh?

This one is a little more graphic, so READER BE WARE.

When Mackenzie was exclusively breastfed her poo was very watery, and it leaked EVERY time she went. Then we started solids and things began to change (by things I mean poo). It thickened up a little so that we were not experiencing the leakage problem any more, but it was generally the same color and odor as the breast milk diapers.

Over time her food range has increased along with the amount of poo she can create, or shall I say the AMOUNT of POO she can create. How does so much come out of such a little person? Especially when she only eats 2-3 ounces of solids per day?

And the smell! Not a bad smell, but an odor nonetheless. If she had chicken it smells just like chicken. Everything else has a sweet smell.

And the colors! I can see what she ate in her diaper. Zucchini has little green specks. Broccoli has little green dots. Well, you get the picture; don't you...or do I have to go on?

Current foods Mackenzie eats and LOVES:

- Cooked Apples
- Cooked Peaches
- Cooked Pears (LOVES)
- Cooked Mango with Pear (LOVES)
- Raw Banana with breast milk
- Raw Avocado (LOVES)
- Sweet Potato (LOVES)
- Cooked Cauliflower with tomato (LOVES)
- Broccoli
- Spinach with onion (LOVES)
- Chicken & Veggie Soup (LOVES)
- Chicken, Onion, Zucchini & Squash
- Carrots
- Peas & Carrots
- Zucchini (LOVES)
- Squash
- Pumpkin
- Dumpling Squash
- Beef with onion, carrots and broccoli (LOVES)
- Whole Wheat Elbow Pasta (tiny) with tomato, cheese, carrot sauce (LOVES)

I make EVERYTHING home made, so there is NO SALT, NO SUGAR, NO ARTIFICIAL anything. And I LOVE the way everything tastes (yes, I eat her food).

1 comment:

  1. Wow--you are my food-making hero! So far I've only done a few things, and I have a few books, but I think I'll just ask you instead of reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!