Thursday, December 4, 2008

All About Pooh (and I don't mean the bear)

Actually, all about poo. Yes, who ever thought I would blog about poo? Not me, but here I am.

So, if you have ever had a baby then you know you begin talking about some things you would have NEVER talked about before. Breast feeding, poo, spit up, your birth story and a slew of other topics. Some more embarrassing than others, but all things that you would have run from before you had your precious little one.

More recently I have noticed a BIG difference between Moms and Dads...well, at least in our house. I (the Mom) can always tell when Mackenzie has gone poo, but Dad always seems to be in denial. Actually, I can tell just before and while she is going poo, but if I am not looking I can definitely tell after she has gone poo. Not only can I smell her from a mile away (something Dad doesn't seem to smell), but she begins to act differently too.

Case in point. The other day (not a one time event) Wayne was holding Mackenzie as the two of them were playing with blocks. I had had my fair share of diaper duty the last few days, so it was Wayne's turn to change the dreaded dirty. Anyway, they were playing and I was all the way in the kitchen cooking dinner when I told Wayne, "You need to go change Mackenzie's diaper. She has done a poo. And I think it is a big one." Wayne checks her out and says, "She is not dirty. She's fine." After a moment he quickly figures out that she is dirty because there was a 'leak'. Yuck! I never have a leak, but I guess if you don't change her right away that is what happens. So see, Dad was holding her and he didn't think there was a 'problem', but I was all the way in the kitchen and I KNEW there was.

Hummm.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like he learned the lesson the hard way! Lol! I am about to do a solid poo post sometime soon, so you're not alone! Glad your girl's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!