Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cold...Yuck!

So, the oils and prayer did their job on Mackenzie's fever. Now we have a cold. Yes, WE. Both Mackenzie and I have had pretty yuckie colds for the past several days, but we are blessed anyway.

I had a sore throat that kicked the whole thing off, so I used the essential oils, and my sore throat was gone in 1 day. That is a miracle for me. Those usually last an entire week and get really bad, but Thank God my throat is fine.

Then the next day both Mackenzie and I woke up to runny noses, congestion and slight coughing. Double yuck. She has been in a really good mood through it all. I have been applying various oils to both of us, and praying with each application. Nothing has gotten worse, and we even seem to be getting better. Thank God, again. The oils I have been using are Thieves, Frankincense and Lavender. I am really praying that this doesn't last much longer.

Mackenzie HATES the bugger sucker thing I use to get her snot out. If I don't get her snot out she can't seem to eat. So we go through a full out wrestling and screaming match (me wrestling and her screaming) to get all the snot out. Then she is very happy and able to eat just fine. I can only do this so many times in a day, so needless to say she has been eating less the last few days. She seems OK with that.

I must say that I am ready for these colds to be over and for us to not get sick EVER AGAIN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!