Monday, February 4, 2013

My Workout Routine

It is Monday, and I am starting my new MONDAY series....'My Life Mondays'.  This series will talk about various parts of my life, including but not limited to my kids, what keeps me busy, my joys, my struggles and anything else that revolves around my life!  Eventually I hope to use this series to tell my testimony of surviving Guillain-Barre.

Today, My Workout Routine.  Of coarse, my routine changes when I feel like I have hit a plateau, but for now this is what it looks like most weeks.  I actually had to change my workout routine several weeks ago due the fact that the classes I was taking were in the evenings, and this was just way too late for the kiddos.  By the time we got home, ate dinner and got ready for bed they were completely delirious and wacky.  So, it was time for a routine change.  Now all of my workouts are mid-day.

Monday: CSI - CSI is a cardio, strength, interval class.  What does that mean?  Lots of non-stop movement with weights, resistance bands and high intensity obstacles.  It is a fun hour long class.  The instructor of this particular class shares my love for health and nutrition, so as an added bonus she talks about nutrition throughout the class.

Tuesday: Body Pump - Body Pump is a strength training and toning class.  There is very little actual cardio in this class, but that does not mean we don't get our heart rate up...we do!  But the main focus is in the weight and repetitions for an hour straight.  We work ALL of the major muscle groups.

Wednesday: Devotion in Motion - I have not started this class yet, but in about 2 weeks I will be adding it to my weekly routine.  Devotion in Motion is a cycle class (you know, on stationary bikes) that really gets the heart rate up...high!  It is 50 minutes of intense, non-stop cardio to Christian music.  Can't wait to start.

Thursday: Body Pump - Again!  Yes.  Major strength training at least twice a week.

Friday: CSI - Again!  Yes, cardio and resistance at least twice a week.

Saturday: Body Attack.  I use Saturday and Sunday as my make up days if I have to miss a class during the week, or if I just feel like I need to work out I have it waiting for me.  Body Attack is exactly what it sounds like, a 55 minute attack on the body.  Non-stop movement of arms and legs, jumping, kicking, running, push ups, sit ups and more.

Sunday: RPM.  Again I use this as an additional or make up day, but it is here if I want or need it.  RPM is a cycle class set to loud music.  Similar to Devotion in Motion you 'ride' non-stop for 50 minutes.  You practice going up hill, on flats, sprints, staying in the saddle, out of the saddle and more.  Almost everyone in that class leaves dripping wet with sweat (not me, I don't sweat much...ever, but I know I'm getting a work out).

So there you have it.  My workout routine.  2-3 good cardio classes, 2-4 good strength and resistance classes.  I was sad when I had to stop RIPPED on Fridays, but maybe a daytime class will open up!  It is similar to INSANITY, and very fun.

Remember, when you start a workout routine, start slow and gradually try new classes and add them when you are ready.  If they do something in the class that you simply can not do, just modify the motion.  Working out is for you and you alone.  Also, eat healthy, life nourishing foods that fuel you up the right way.  Just like a car can't run on soda, your body can't run properly (without breaking down) unless you fuel it properly.

Now get out there and do something!

Want to read my memoir - Healing Wings - about my journey of surviving and being healed from Guillain-Barre' syndrome?  Click Here to order it on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!