Friday, February 15, 2013

Food Friday - Chicken Burgers

We eat a lot of chicken in our home, so when it was time to make dinner I didn't want one of our usual chicken dinners.  I opened the freezer and saw 4 leftover whole wheat burger buns.  With the chicken I had pulled out sitting to the side I thought Chicken Burgers.

And boy were they good. 

Chicken burger topped with baby kale.

Chicken Burgers - Baked Fries - Edamame:

First, I took the free range, all natural chicken strips and marinated them in a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled a little organic guacamole mix (from a packet) on them and let it sit.  I popped a few organic fries in the oven to bake and when they were halfway done I put on a pot of water to boil for the edamame.  On my flat pan I seared the chicken approximately 6 minutes on first side and 4 minutes on the second side.  When I flipped them over to the second side I added the edamame to the boiling water pot and everything was ready at the same time.  I prepared the buns to every one's specific liking, added the chicken and fed my family.  The burgers had a bit of a kick from the marinade and they tasted GREAT!  I could have had two of them.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!