Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mackenzie Moments

You may be asking, "Where have you been?"  Or you may not have even noticed my absence.  Well, I have been living life!  We are busy around here trying to enjoy life, raise kids and keep a clean (maybe sort of clean when I find the time; at least our clothes are clean even if they are not put away and are wrinkled.) home.  And honestly, my blog comes dead last on my to-do list.  So if I am busy with other things the readers just have to wait.  But for now, I am here, so read on.

This is just a simple update on some recent Mackenzie moments.  For those of you that don't know, Mackenzie is my 4-year old.

The other evening I burned my finger when pulling the roasted chicken out of the oven, and this was Mackenzie's prayer for me.

"Dear God, heal Mommy's finger. Please. Come On! I know you can do it! Come On! Please...heal her finger. She burned it. Come On! You can do it. In Jesus Name, Amen."


It took every fiber of my being to not drop to the floor laughing.  Her eyes were closed and she was so very seriously talking to God.  The prayer was actually a bit longer than this with a few more Come On's and You Can Do It's in there, but you get the idea.

Mackenzie moment number two.  Mackenzie was preaching to the invisible crowd in our living room the other day and this is what I overheard when washing dishes.

Mackenzie: "'All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Romans 3:23' Is Jesus in your heart? Come on, do it now! You will get an A; or you might get an F."


Again, very sincere and in my mind very profound.  Her memory verse for the first week of homeschool was Romans 3:23.  She also learned that she would only ever get one of two grades from me this year.  She will get an A when she does her work and gives it a good try or she will get an F if she refuses to learn or fails to complete an assignment.  Remember, this is K4...baby steps here.  Anyway, she applied that to God!  Accept Him and get an A or refuse Him and get an F; no in between, and she is right!  Amazing what little minds can teach us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!