Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fall is Coming

Do you love the fall season as much as I do?  Living in the Houston area the fall, winter and spring are usually heavenly as far as weather goes; and as much as I love the sunshine and warm weather, the summer months here can become a bit trying after the 100+ degree weather begins to melt my brain (and that box of crayons left in the car...not really.).  Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but by the time fall rolls around I am ready.  I am ready for the 1 week of leaves changing color (we are in Houston, what do you expect), cool breeze, ability to play outside and take long walks, hot cocoa, pumpkins, Christmas trees, twinkle lights, cinnamon and spice scents...it is all wonderful! 

But there is that one pesky thing that I can't stand................cold and flu season!  Ugg.  Why does it have to come every single year?  And why at the height of holiday season?  My family is generally VERY HEALTHY, practically never getting sick.  We eat healthy, exercise, pray, and use essential oils.  If you have read my blog at all you know that we do not use medications in my family, but rather turn to God (Jehovah Ropha) and what He has provided us (Essential Oils) for our health.  Don't get me wrong, we will use a doctor if needed, and actually last year is a great example of that need.  For the first year in a very long time, just before Christmas my entire family came down with pneumonia!  How and where we got that I have no idea, but we did, and it was AWFUL.  We were pretty much out of our essential oils, and it takes several days to get them after an order is placed, and we also did not have a diffuser.  So, we called our wonderful home visit doctor and she saved our lives!  But this year we will be ready and will be using preventative measures.  Yup, we are getting that home diffuser and all of the oils that we consider 'necessary' in our medicine/first aid cabinet.  We are getting them NOW, BEFORE the first cold front and we will be using them faithfully.

Actually, our local YMCA posted a sign about a recent outbreak of hand-foot-and-mouth disease and warned parents to take preventative measures.  That we have.  My kids have both been using Thieves Blend Oil before going to the YMCA and before going to Church, and they have not been sick at all, while I have heard horror stories lately of some of the bugs going around.  Praise God.  Plus, we wash our hands - a lot.

What am I trying to say?  Get your oils and diffuser now.  Be prepared for this upcoming season so you can spend less time and money being sick and more time enjoying this season of rejoicing. 

I recommend the following, but you can choose your favorites:
This list is of Young Living Oils, but in the future I hope to have recommendations from Heritage Oils as well.  Also, these recommendations are not meant for diagnosis of an issues, just what I love and enjoy in my own home.
Frankincense - overall healing and well being, yet gentle
Peace & Calm - sleep issues, coughs, ADD, ADHD, Asthma (great to diffuse)
Thieves - anti-viral, cold, flu, general health
Lemon - Cold and flu (great to diffuse)
Purification - Anti-bacterial, general health, purify the home/air (great to diffuse)
RC - breathing issues, lung, sinuses
Lavender - EVERYTHING, bumps, bruises, scrapes, calming, healing
Peppermint - headaches, aches and pains, fever reduction, healing

Actually, there are a lot more that I love, the oils are awesome, and always apply with prayer!  The above oils are great to diffuse in the home or office, and also wonderful applied topically.  Remember to dilute the oils with a carrier oil (like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil...) until you know how you like them, and always dilute on children. 

Go visit www.youngliving.com and order today.  My member number is 1069772 if you need to sign up.   Once I have tired more heritage oils I will recommend those also! 

Leave a comment below and let me know your favorite oils and how you use them.  Also, let me know if you sign up and if you need any help!  Now go enjoy this season in good health!


1 comment:

  1. Cool! Thanks for the fun list! We are trying to be so frugal, but also want to use oils, so we are maybe going to build up one at a time. Love your posts! (And haven't forgotten a guest post, but got carried away in the summer with busyness!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!