Monday, September 10, 2012

Homeschooling & Cleaning



One of the great things about homeschooling (especially the little kids) is that you can change your lesson plan at the last minute.  My daughter informed me today that she was tired and didn't really want to do school, so I simply introduced her to writing the letter C and left it at that for the 'school' day.

Instead, we went about learning in a different manner.  We made toilet bowl cleaner!  Yup, I am making my own all natural cleaners for the home including toilet and bowl cleaner, bath and kitchen soft scrub, heavy duty shower cleaner, floor cleaner, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent and deodorant (to name some...I hope to try more in the near future).  I feel like teaching my children is important in all areas of life: mental, physical and spiritual.  If I can teach them things while they are young, like living nutritious, healthy and clean lives, then they will take those lessons with them through their entire life. 

So this year other than reading, writing and arithmetic I will also be teaching healthy eating, exercise, natural cleaning, essential oils, relationship with God and how to have good 'ole play time.

What are you teaching your kids this year (or this day).  You don't have to homeschool to be a great teacher.  What other things should I be teaching my kids?  Leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!