Tuesday, September 18, 2012

He Said What?!?!?

I have been making my own cleaning supplies lately, and am just embarking on my own personal hygiene supplies also.  Without going into too much detail I can say that I am doing this because it is healthier, 'greener' and cheaper! 

Just over a week ago I made my husband and I our first batch of homemade deodorant.  I was quite skeptical as to if it would work but decided to try it out anyway.  Guess what?  It works!  We both still smell great after working out at the gym!  This is where the blog title comes from...just yesterday my hubby said the funniest thing I have ever heard him say; and quite possibly the strangest thing I have ever heard come out of his mouth. 

Hubby: This deodorant smells so good it makes me want to eat it!
Me: Have you tasted it yet?
Hubby: No
Me: Good!  It probably wouldn't taste very good, and I think if you said that in the deodorant isle of a store you would get a lot of strange and worried looks.

Anyway, I am now making the following products for my home: All purpose surface cleaner, tile floor cleaner, kitchen/bath soft scrub, toilet bowl cleaner, dry laundry detergent, dry dishwasher detergent and deodorant.  I will soon be making: soap, lotion, whipped body butter, solid body butter, lip balm.

Dish Detg., Toilet, Laundry detg., deodorant, soft scrub

Who thinks that, for a fee (I have to purchase supplies, jars and bottles) , once a month I should host a series of classes in my home and teach you how to make these items?  You would go home with your own full batch of each item along with the recipes and can customize to completely odorless to your favorite scents using all natural essential oils.  You could also purchase pre-made or custom ordered 'extras' or gift baskets from me.  These are great for people with sensitive skin, allergies, asthma, people who want to go all natural...

Class 1: Floor Cleaner, All Purpose Cleaner, Soft Scrub

Class 2: Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Laundry Detg., Dishwasher Detg.

Class 3: Deodorant, Body Butter, Lip Balm

Class 4: Soaps and Lotions

Would you attend one or all of these?  Which one(s) interest you?  What is the best day/time for you?

2 comments:

  1. I think that would be neat! A good idea might be to talk to Cathy about doing something at the birth center--sounds like they are interested in that kind of stuff! I might be interested depending on prices and stuff, though you know we are making our own stuff too and loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!