Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dreams



I had a dream last night (and the night before).  Actually, I dream every night, but most of those dreams are just silly or nonsense, and I forget them as soon as I wake up.  But then there are THOSE dreams.  The ones that have meaning.  The ones that are very real and every detail is remembered when I wake up.  I try to document those dreams, but sometimes I forget.  I believe dreams can come from a number of areas stretching from what we ate at dinner, the movie we watched before bed, an event coming up in life, the enemy of our soul, and God.  The question is, Do we have the ability to decipher what dream came from where?  I believe we do have that ability with the help of the Holy Spirit, and not only to know if it was a 'spiritual' dream or last night's dinner, but also the ability to interpret that dream. 

Joel 2:28 "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions."

My dream?  Yes, my dream.  Last night I had a simple, yet strong dream that went like this (abbreviated version).  I was over at a friends house enjoying the company of several 'girl friends'.  We were all standing around chatting and eating snacks.  I had just come to the early realization that I was pregnant.  It was still to early to take a test, yet I KNEW that I was, and I was the only person that knew.  One of my friends from the long past was there with us.  I have not seen her in person for at least 12 years, but here she was in my dream last night.  She began to speak to me from across the room.  She made perfect eye contact, she was smiling, she was full of love; yet she was stern and almost rebuking and convicting at the same time.  She said, "What are you doing with your life?  I know you are a mother and a wife and you are busy raising your family, and all of that is very good.  But, what is your PASSION?  Are you doing your passion?  What are you passionate about?"  I answered her in a very calm and thoughtful way by saying, " I am passionate about the things of God, and the things God has provided us.  Things like birth and essential oils and nutrition and healing and prophecy."  While I was still speaking this friend said over me, "You should be doing that!"  Then I woke up from the dream. 

I woke up feeling like God had just told me something important, yet I was not sure exactly what?  Oh, and did I mention that the long time friend's last name is Christ (pronounced differently from Jesus Christ, but still spelled the same)?

Then there was the dream from the night before.  Here is the abbreviated version of that one.  Another long time friend that I have not seen in at least 12 years had taken us (my husband and I) to one of the houses they owned and informed us that they no longer wanted to 'deal' with it and desired to deed it over to us as a gift.  The house was in better than perfect condition, it met all of our current and future needs, it was in a beautiful location with an amazing view, and some amazing furniture of our choosing came with the house along with the funds to keep it up for the next several years.  This family was simply tired of paying the taxes and was never here in town to enjoy the house (they live out of state) so if we wanted it, it was ours!  And again...I woke up, and again I had the strong sense that the Lord was speaking to me, but what was/is He trying to say!?

I have some interpretations that make sense, but nothing exact because, well, that is how God works.  He let's us in on the secret but doesn't reveal the details; we have to obey, step out and live by faith while allowing Him to work.  Scary and exciting, huh?  He involves us without spilling the beans, so to speak. 

Do you think God speaks in dreams?  Has He ever spoken to you?  What do you think the above might mean...other than "She's crazy"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!