Friday, July 9, 2010

Why Do Mom's Get Sick?

Warning: If you don't like gross then don't read this post.

I truly believe that Mom's should be completely exempt from getting sick; ever.  How can a mom be a mom when she is sick?  She can't cook, can't clean, can't go anywhere, can't hold and take care of and play with her sweet child(ren) or hubby.  And you know what is even worse that a mom being sick?  That's right, a pregnant mom being sick that is trying to take care of a 2-year old that is also sick.  And not just a head cold either, but this nasty tummy virus that makes mom feel AWFUL and has her running to the bathroom all day.

Somehow my sweet 2-year old and I had the same tummy virus for the same 48-hours.  While it hit me like a freight train complete with not only the tummy issues but also with body aches, fatigue and the inability to eat or drink almost anything.  It didn't seem so bad for Mackenzie.  She had the most awful diarrhea and vomiting I have ever seen or smelled in my life, and I had to take care of that all day while I was sick; but it didn't seem to knock her down.  She was still giggling and running around like a 2-year old.  Her only difference is that she wouldn't eat anything (good thing, too), but she did drink a lot of Pedialyte.  Needless to say, when all was said and done, we had to rent a carpet cleaning machine and clean our carpets after this whole episode was complete. 

Virus gone - check
Feeling better -check
Carpets clean - check
Now I just need to clean the house after 2-days of getting nothing done and wipe everything down with Thieves Cleaner.

I must say that I am very happy that this is only Mackenzie's 2nd time in her 2-years and 4-monhts of life that she has ever thrown up or had a tummy virus.  I am also happy that we are a pretty healthy family and almost never get sick.  Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!