Thursday, July 29, 2010

Playing In The Rain

I wish I had some pictures of this, but I was so busy I didn't even think about getting my camera out. 

Wayne and I trimmed our bushes and pulled weeds on Sunday just before my Mom dropped off some mulch for our flower beds.  It was getting late and we were tired, so we decided to wait until Monday to lay the mulch down.  When Wayne got home from work on Monday it was sprinkling out (had been raining all day) and thought maybe we shouldn't lay the mulch, but I thought Mackenzie might enjoy playing in the rain and dirt.  Since it was only sprinkling and there was no thunder or lightning all 4 of us (that includes the baby in my belly) went outside for some fun.

Seriously, this was really, really fun.  Who knew that spreading mulch in the rain could be so much fun.  We were only using our hands, so no tools to worry about slipping on or anything dangerous like that.  Mackenzie had her bucket and aside from playing in the dirt some she mostly just held her bucket out and giggled uncontrollably as she tried to catch the rain. 

In the end we were all soaking wet and covered in mud, and actually had to hose down before going inside, but it sure was fun.  Plus, the yard looks WAY BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!