Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Accidents Happen

Last Friday I was involved in an auto accident.  My Mom, Mackenzie and I went out for lunch (which we never get to do) and really enjoyed ourselves; that is until on the way home.  I was driving and we were involved in an accident that was not my fault.  The other person attempted an illegal maneuver and it didn't go over so well.  Everyone seemed to be OK, but you never really know; especially with adrenaline flowing. 

All I know is that after the police came I went to be checked out by the midwife and after starting to have contractions that escalated and soreness in the belly area I went for an ultrasound.  Although these appointments are not conclusive everything "looks" to be alright, and by the Grace Of God we are claiming that everything is alright.  Now we are dealing with the insurance to get the car fixed.  I also hope they replace the car seat for peace of mind.  Hey, a 36 pound 2-year-old was riding in it during the impact.

Things like this remind me of the frailty of life, and truly make me cherish my family and friends.  So please, no one else get in a car accident, ok?  Good, I'm glad you comply :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!