Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Body Pillow

As you may have read in my last post I have had extremely achy hips, shoulders and lower back when waking up in the morning. So achy I might go so far as to say that they were painful. I am into practicing good pregnancy 'stuff' as soon as I find out I am pregnant, so that means no lying flat on my back, left side lying (and sometime right side lying) while asleep, squats and Indian style sitting...and on and on. Unfortunately my body is already feeling 'loose'. Basically toward the end of pregnancy your body releases a relaxin hormone that prepares your hips and body for labor, but also loosens all your other joints. I already feel like that hormone is present in my body and when I sleep on my side my hips and shoulders feel as though they fold in on top of each other. Crazy but true, then waking up to the pain.

So, we invested in a body pillow. Last night was my second night using it, and I must say, "I LOVE IT." It helps to keep my hips, knees, ankles, shoulders and the rest of my body all in line while lying on my side. So here is to morning number two without an achy or painful body. Praise the Lord.

Moral of the story: If you sleep on your side and wake up in pain; get a body pillow.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get me a "life" pillow, hee hee :) Hope you are feeling good today, see you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!