Monday, April 12, 2010

Showing? Pregnancy Dreams.

I am 10-weeks pregnant today and I think I must be showing. No, the baby is not showing yet because (s)he is only 1.5 inches long from head to rump. A baby the size of a kumquat would not be showing, but Wayne keeps commenting on my baby belly, so apparently I am showing.

On to other news.

Did you have dreams when you were pregnant? Dreams about your birth and random strange things? I am usually a dreamer, but my dreams become more focused and a bit bizarre when I am pregnant. I had a lot of pregnancy dreams with Mackenzie, but I don't remember any of them now. Maybe I can chronicle some of the dreams on this blog for baby #2.

I had my first "pregnancy" dream the other night. I say it is my first because I have had dreams about my second pregnancy in the past, but this is the first one I have had while pregnant.

In this dream it was the middle of the night and I went into labor just as I did with Mackenzie, but this time there were about 40 people at our house for no apparent reason. My labor was only an hour long and my midwife arrived for the last push to 'catch' the baby. After the baby was born the midwife assistant kept trying to walk around with the baby and show him (it was a boy) to everyone, but I had to keep telling her that the umbilical cord was not cut yet. Finally when they cut the cord she took the baby and started passing him around to the various 40 people and I had not even seen him yet, and none of the baby health evaluation had been completed. I also kept asking if I could take a bath because I felt dirty. After about an hour of playing "pass the baby" I asked if I could see him and nurse him. Every one's response was something like "when we are done looking at him."

I have reason to believe that my birth experience will turn out nothing like this; except maybe for the hour long labor. I secretly (or now openly) hope my labor with baby #2 is 2.5 hours with about 5-10 pushes. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!