Friday, March 1, 2019

Black Snake Dream - September 2012

Black Snake  9/2012

I had this very short dream once this past week of September 23 – 29 and have been thinking on it ever since.

Feeling in the vision:
Lack of alarm, possibly a bit ignorant, deceptively calm and accepting.


Setting of the vision:
Gathering of all the prayer team members and leaders of the church.  Everyone from all areas was there, prayer altar, healing, and prophecy…  In the dream I could only see our legs and feet below the knee and the floor.

Dream:
I saw the lower legs and feet of the entire prayer team(s) gathered together in a meeting in the sanctuary.  Everyone was standing and walking around talking to each other with great joy.  God was at work in this meeting and everything was good.  Then I noticed a snake slithering around our feet on the floor and even entering in on the light conversation as its front end was risen off the floor and standing like a man face-to-face with us.  At first the snake startled me and I yelled, “Snake” but when no one responded or even reacted at all I let my guard down.  This snake did not say much or do much, but mostly just listened to our chatter and would ever so lightly enter in with just one softly spoken word.  I was still un-trusting of this snake and decided to get a better look at him.  As I did I realized that this was no ordinary snake, but rather he was HUGE.  He was as long and fat as the largest anaconda snake, but he was entirely a shiny deep black in color.  He could stand up to almost full human height, yet most of his body was still on the floor…he had to be 20+ feet long.  He was woven in between all of our legs and feet, but he was not touching any of us.  He seemed to be around and between most of us.  And, he was as poisonous as a viper.

Interpretation:
I really think this has a simple interpretation.  I think we must be mindful of our heart and our thoughts as we step forward and pray in ministry and alone.  We must not allow the enemy to slander or stop or interfere with what God is doing.  I also believe that we must enter into our ministry roles completely EXPECTANT for God to arrive in His full power and glory, and to not put God in a box.  I also felt that the ‘snake’ was whispering things to us that would cause us to be ‘shy’ or ‘hesitant’ or ‘worried’ about what other would think about us trying to inhibit us from our reckless abandon that we are called to.  Also whispering things like, "what if God doesn't heal?"  "what if He doesn't come through?"  and other twisting, doubtful, slanderous thoughts that came softly and subtly.  He was trying to subtly steal the power from the church body.

Snake: Demon, threat, slander, critical spirit

Black: Sin, ignorance

Our Feet: Heart, thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!