Friday, May 14, 2010

Angels Watching Over Me

I have this license plate cover on the back of my car that says, "Angels Watching Over Me."  And today God proved that phrase to be true in my life.  Nothing big or bad, but you never know what could have been.

This morning Mackenzie and I made a quick run to Target for diapers because somehow we were on the last one and she was wet.  How she goes through diapers so fast I do not know, but she does; thus the emergency run for more (and the desire to use cloth with baby #2).

This was a quick trip, but while in the check-out line I started to feel a bit faint.  Nothing too strong, but I thought I better grab a quick something just in case, so I purchased a SNICKERS.  Not the best choice, but the only thing at the register.  I checked out and put the snickers in my purse to eat in the car if I needed it, but we didn't make it to the car.  I stepped out of the Target doors and everything when black, so I turned around to go back inside and find a chair.  We didn't make it back inside either.  I fainted right there in front of the doors of the store, and some really nice guy caught me.  I am so thankful he caught me because pregnant women and concrete do not go well together.  Mackenzie was a perfect little girl just sitting strapped into the cart asking, "Are you OK, Mommy?"  Unfortunately I could not see or hear her to give her an answer, but apparently 2 employees came running to help.  One was a lady that reassured Mackenzie. 

Protocol says: call 911, so I had to sit in Target waiting for the EMT's to come check me out; which was fine by me because I still couldn't see anyway, and was not about to risk driving home alone.  Also, the guy that caught me found my cell phone and called my hubby to come pick me up.  Or, apparently I gave him my cell phone when he asked me if he could call anyone and I told him he could call Wayne my husband?  Anyway, I was very disoriented, but when I had all of my faculties back I gave that guy a BIG THANK YOU.  And reassured my daughter who was telling people not to touch me - lol. 

Everything checked out fine and I am fine.  Blood pressure, blood sugar, oxygen, heart rate all perfect.  So what happened?  Pregnancy?  Overheated?  A short drop in blood pressure?  Probably the latter.  One of the midwives stopped by the house a little later to listen to the baby and (s)he sounded great!  Apparently this happens quite often with pregnant women.  Moral of the story, carry a protein snack and sit down immediately when feeling even the slightest bit faint or possibly don't drive pregnant?  Anyway, I am fine now.

3 comments:

  1. Scary! Definitely bring your snacks!! I'm glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nat! that is crazy! so glad that you are ok :) been thinking about you and wondering how potty training, tantrums, pregnancy, all that was going. we need to catch up soon, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snack and water. I passed out in church :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!