Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2nd Trimester

I have officially entered my second trimester of pregnancy, so that means the baby is 14-weeks old and about 3.5 inches long from crown to rump!  I even feel him/her move around some; which is very reassuring since my morning sickness is mostly gone now - woooo hoooo.

Speaking of morning sickness.  I have only had two bouts in the last week and they were very slight.  I do; however, have some small waves of nausea come and go throughout the day, but those seem to be getting better too.  PRAISE THE LORD.  I was even able to take my prenatal vitamin last night.  I only took 1 (suppose to take 4 a day), but I am working up slowly as to not re-kick start any morning sickness symptoms.

We get to have our BIG ultrasound in just under 4 weeks, and I am really excited.  I can't wait to hear that everything looks perfect and to find out the gender. 

Yesterday I went in to what will be the new baby's room and started thinking about what we will and will not need.  If we have a girl we will need considerably less than if we have a boy (due to the large amounts of girl clothes, blanket and general stuff we kept).  But either way we will need a crib and some other things.  I am also trying to decide if we should use cloth diapers.  I am excited about that possibility mostly because I have a few friends that use them and LOVE them.  Plus, they are no longer the fold, pin and cover diapers.  Actually, if you want to check them out go to www.nurturedfamily.com  I am thinking about getting 12-18 onesize fits all and then 3-8 sized diapers.  What do you think?  Any opinions out there about the cloth vs. disposable?

Anyway, my nesting is just starting to kick in and I am simply thinking all the time about setting things up.  This will be so much easier once we know if we are having BABY BOY or BABY GIRL.  Just a few more weeks.  I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you need that many! I think that getting sized might be good for the beginning, as the one-size are pretty bulky on newborns. Though the FuzziBunz onesize are notably less bulky. But I would say 18 plus some fitted would be more than you'd even need! We have 12-15 (per kid) and that works super well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!