Sunday, March 15, 2009

You Left Me!

This morning we went to church and left Mackenzie in the church nursery (crawlers and early walkers class). We have be doing this for months, and Mackenzie really loves playing with the adults, other kids her age and the new toys (or at least the toys she does not have at home).

Today she did something new. When I dropped her off she started whimpering and clinging onto me. The Ladies all said (practically in unison), "She never does that!" Apparently she was fine once I left and as usual she LOVED playing and even eating cheerios. I went in just before the end of the church service (during closing prayer) and watched her playing and smiling and having a good old time. When she finally noticed me standing there she started whimpering and crying as if to say, "I can't believe you left me, and I've been crying the whole time. Feel guilty." Tricky little girl. The ladies gave her away and told me how wonderful she was, and she stopped whimpering once she was in my arms again. Humm? What does this mean?

1 comment:

  1. It is a stage. I worked in church nurseries from 4th grade up through college. As they get older they get wiser. :) She may do this for awhile but then she will realize it has no effect on the situation and stop. It used to make me laugh when they would cry when mom would come back. As if they are are punishing the mom and making them feel bad when they had a blast the whole time. Kids are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!