Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Guillain-Barré Syndrome

Many of you may remember that almost 9 years ago I came down with an extremely severe case Guillain-Barré Syndrome. (For more information, questions or my story please comment or contact me directly)

Today I was reminded of the horror that syndrome put my family and I through, but by the amazing Grace of God and His Healing Hand I am completely recovered today. Why was I reminded? A friend of ours was just diagnosed and admitted into the ICU. I went to visit the family at the hospital today, and may I say that GOD IS GOOD. He has a very light case (compared to what I had) and is expecting a speedy recovery. He is not in pain! Simply paralyzed from the neck down, but already regaining movement in his feet and one hand.

It is due to my history of Guillain-Barré that I have entered into the childhood vaccination controversy. At this time Mackenzie is not vaccinated, but at every well-baby check up Wayne and I go over the pros and cons, pray and seek the Lord, and ultimately make our decision...again. Her 12-month well-baby exam is tomorrow morning (she is turning 1 tomorrow), so here we are praying and thinking. Lord, please help us make the right choices. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!