Monday, March 16, 2009

A Girlie Girl

When I was young I was both girlie and a tom-boy all at the same time. I dressed like a girl and preferred to stay neat and clean, but I caught frogs and snakes and jumped fences with the boys. I also had a brother and mostly boy cousins and friends. I just related better to the male gender (girls were too gossipy and mean for me). Don't get me wrong. I still had my best girl friends, and I still have them now, but I had that tom-boy thing going for the lo-o-o-ongest time


I don't know if anyone has noticed, but my daughter is a GIRLIE GIRL. She notices jewelry and polished nails. She likes shoes, scarves and hats. If it sparkles she wants it for her own. At a very young age she became enamored with earrings. Seriously...she LOVES them. The first thing she does when she sees her Nani is look for her earrings. If she is wearing some Mackenzie then examines them, touches them, feels them and plays with them BEFORE she can do anything else. And she will go back to them off and on until we part ways. If Nani is not wearing earrings Mackenzie checks, double checks and triple checks before she can move forward with her hanging out and playing. Whatever are Wayne and I going to do? I guess we are going to buy a lot of earrings for our daughter (along with the matching necklace, bracelet, shoes and hand bag). Huhhh. Don't grow up too fast little girl.


This picture was taken after Mackenzie got her earring fix.


2 comments:

  1. Okay, hello, I am Crystal. And she is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My daughter is oddly obsessed with dressy shoes in much the same way.

    Thanks for checking out my blog- I really don't know much about following. I'm kind of a bare-minimum blogger when it comes to the technical...

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!