Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Big One (1-year old today)

Mackenzie,

Today you turn 1. This is a HUGE milestone in your life (not to mention Mommy and Daddy's lives, too).

First, we survived. We survived the early days of my body healing and taking care of you when you were soooooo small (7 pounds, 14 ounces). We survived the beginnings of nursing every 1 to 2 hours for what seemed like FOREVER. We survived your first fever, your first rash and the cutting of you first five teeth. Mostly, we survived the long, sleepless nights by leaning on God and using that time to sing to Him, worship Him and pray to Him. But that is only First.

Second, you are and have always been an amazing little girl. You have always been so very happy, and you only cry if something is wrong. Having such a wonderful little girl made the long nights completely worth it! Your smile melts my heart, and your laugh gets us both laughing. You crack me up at least once a day, but usually more like three or four times a day. You love to play tricks on me and you will do anything to make me laugh. You never liked to snuggle or hug, but KISSES are your big thing. You LOVE kisses. If I will kiss you you will hold still and soak it in as long as I continue (you have always been this way). Just recently you decided you like hugs and snuggles; for a limited time. :)

Third, you have changed our lives so much. More than I can even explain. Motherhood has been the most difficult job I have ever had: sleeplessness, worrying when you got a fever, crying when you bumped your head, praying over you continuously that you will come to Christ at a young age and so much more. But, motherhood has been the best job I have ever had, or will ever have. The moment I laid eyes on you I melted and the love I have for you welled up inside me so deeply that our bond can never be broken. You are the sweetest, most loving, smart, caring and tender little girl I could have every wanted. I will do anything for you. I love you Mackenzie Noel...never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!