Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bad Mom

Am I a bad mother? You tell me.

For the past 5 days Wayne has had a REALLY BAD COUGH (it is finally getting better, thank you). During the day the cough seems to all but almost disappear, but just around night fall he begins coughing and coughing and coughing. So much so that he goes to the sofa and turns on a movie and coughs for HOURS. No sleep for Mr. Sherwood, at least not until around 5 AM. Then he finally falls asleep. OK, so I got a little side tracked. Back to the bad mother thing.

So due to the fact that Wayne has not slept in our bed for about 5 nights, I have been bringing Mackenzie to bed with me at the first feeding (around 10:30). It just makes my life sooooooooo much easier. I don't have to get up and walk across the house 3, 4, 5 or even 6 times a night. I don't have to get up to feed her or soothe her because she is right next to me. I do realize tonight she will be back in her bed all night because Wayne is doing better. I hope I haven't created a monster and that Mackenzie will sleep well in her own bed tonight. I have noticed that each night she slept with me she cut out one of her waking up times, so last night she only woke up twice. Plus, it probably doesn't hurt that she cut those last 3 teeth.

I will let you know how it goes tonight. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

1 comment:

  1. No, I totally get it. That's why Sawyer sometimes still sleeps with us--it's easier for ME. I don't have the energy to work on getting him to sleep all night in his crib, though finally these last few days he's slept for some longer stretches--yay!! But they're definitely in bed with us. Partially also because we're not in our house and so everything is thrown of...ugh. But anyway, you're a great mom! Don't question it and do what works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!