Monday, January 5, 2009

Mackenzie Stats

I can hardly believe how fast Mackenzie is growing up. She turned 10-months old yesterday (January 4th). I have pictures to post, but they are all still on my camera. I am sure I will get around to it one day, but for now, here are the new stats for Mackenzie.

Over 32 inches tall (over 2 and a half feet)
Over 24 pounds in weight
Wearing mostly 18-month clothes because of her height. Anything smaller is just too short on her. (I am told she could be wearing the same size clothes next winter...humm. I hope so, she has some cute clothes.)

She doesn't really crawl, but she does get around...mostly by rolling or scooting. Then there is the ever so popular throwing herself from sitting to tummy in the direction she wishes to go. It doesn't really matter what she chooses because at two and a half feet tall she can reach and get to almost anything.

She can pull up all by herself, and she can even balance without holding on to anything.

She also has a very good vocabulary for her age. Of coarse she mimics anything I say. Like today I handed her a jacket because it is cold outside and she repeated me by saying "daket". She can do this with most words that are not too difficult, but when I talk about her vocabulary I am talking about words that she says not having to repeat them, and she uses them in context.

She Says:

"da-da" = Daddy
"ma-ma" = Mommy
"na-na-na" = Nani (my mom)
"lei-lei" = Lexi (our dog)
"tisses" = Kisses
"ess" = Yes
"tan-too" = Thank You
"peas" = Please
"dut" or "du-kkk" = duck
"tis" = This as in What's this? I want this. and Do you want this?
"did it" = Did It

Mackenzie first started saying words other than Da-da and Ma-ma at 8.5 months old, but Wayne didn't believe me. Then my Mom came over and heard her say kisses and yes without me telling her and that proved that she was talking. Wayne still isn't sure, but we were out with friends yesterday and our friend handed something to Mackenzie and she said thank you. The friend completely understood her. So if that isn't proof I don't know what is.

Oh, Mackenzie is calling me. I better go for now.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty impressive. I have a feeling Sawyer is going to be the strong silent type. Emphasis on strong. And silent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!