Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Don't Stop Me Now

"Hey Mom, don't stop me now." I know that is what Mackenzie is saying every time I put her in her exersaucer or some other contraption that keeps her from getting into 'stuff'.

Why is this phrase new to her? You guessed it. She is CRAWLING. And she LOVES every minute of it. She crawled for the first time while her Grandad was staying with us (last Thursday, January 15th), but it took her a few days to really get the hang of it. Now there is no stopping her. She is a baby on the move.

I was getting used to the idea that she may never crawl. Her Doctor had mentioned when she was young that she may never crawl because she is so tall/long, and that was all right with me. But Mackenzie tricked us all again. She is a crawling machine. Her favorite thing to do is look for a little speck of grass or dirt or fuzz on the floor as far away as she can see, then she crawls over to it as fast as she can, sits up, picks the speck up and eats it. I have to tell her, "Mackenzie, what do you have?" In which case instead of eating or tasting it she will hold out her hand and give it to me.

She chases the dog and they play. No really, they PLAY.

I have a video coming. Her first long crawl is sideways on the video, but I will also post one that is right side up.

1 comment:

  1. yeah!!!!!!!!!!! what a cute video and i am so excited to see those little arms and legs a moving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!