Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We've Been Busy

I know it has been a while since I have blogged, but what can I say...we have been busy. Busy in a GOOD way.

First, I have really been working the Young Living Essential Oils, and I LOVE them. I have seen AMAZING results from my customers (especially in the area of arthritis, pain and skin conditions - most of my customers deal with this). Hopefully my next round will be focused on personal prevention and nutrition, but who knows. I am excited about an in home party I am leading (my friend is hosting) next Wednesday. So fun.

Second, Mackenzie is SLEEPING. No more of this waking up in the night stuff either. She is really sleeping. For about a week now Mackenzie has slept anywhere from 9-11 hours straight through the night. I want to get a full month of this under our belt before we do anything silly like an overnight trip to anywhere or staying out late. This needs to be her routine. Another great thing is that we no longer need "tricks" to put her to sleep. No more driving around in the car, no more drinking a bottle, no more rocking and singing. At nap time I just tell her that it is time to take a nap, I give her a big hug and kiss, I tell her that I love her and I lay her in the bed. Mackenzie then flips over onto her tummy with her bottom stuck in the air and falls asleep within 5 minutes. We do the same thing at bedtime, but first we have bedtime prayers with Daddy and night, night kisses. This has been an AMAZING breakthrough, and the perfect storm for us. The day I started giving Mackenzie 1/2 oz of NingXia Red drink and changed her sleep oils formula is the same day she started sleeping ALL NIGHT LONG. I also consider her age and the half 'cry-it-out' routine we started (only needed 3 days of that). Praise the Lord.

Onto other news, we had to get a new battery in our car. No big deal; it was just DEAD, but since it was still under warranty that didn't cost us a dime.

Also, Mackenzie LOVES swimming. Or at least being held in the pool acting like she is swimming. So much fun. It has been really hot here (100* plus), so we have to swim in the morning or the evenings, but that's OK with us.

Well, that is all for now. Take care everyone and come back soon for more blog reading.

3 comments:

  1. hello
    What is personal prevention?

    Good luck with the party next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does young living have any recommendations for psoriatic arthritis or psoriasis? If they do, I'd really like to hear about it.

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you guys with the sleeping! I really hope that Saw goes back to sleeping longer hours--this week ahs been pretty good. We ruined his sleeping all night by taking a pre-planned trip to Louisiana. Ugh! Wish I could take it back, though it was a really fun trip! Sleep is better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!