Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Hero

This morning while getting ready for church I had one of those rare moments that a parent rarely sees (or in my case hears) but truly enjoys when they do get the experience.  While I was taking a bath I realized that our baby monitor was still turned on when I heard Micah begin to call out for his Daddy.  When Daddy did not come running he began to call louder and louder.  Mackenzie realized that Micah was somewhere and ran in to where I was thinking he was in there (remember, this is where the monitor was echoing).  She asked where her baby brother was and I told her he was in his room, did she want to go help him?  She took off running and yelling, "Don't worry Micah, Mackenzie is coming to rescue you."  I could hear her open his bedroom door (which he accidentally closed and couldn't get out; hence the calling for Daddy).  She then told him, "Don't worry, I rescued you.  Come rock with me."  They both climbed into his glider and she began to gently rock him and shush him.  Then she said, "I rescued you.  I am your hero.  Now I am a REAL super hero."

What made this so sweet is that she was so calming and loving and reassuring to him, and after each thing she would say he would affirm her with an, "UhHuh."  Also, I didn't witness it, but rather just heard it all.  Nothing was done because Mommy or Daddy was watching; but rather simply out of love.  So Sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!