Monday, July 2, 2012

Getting Crafty

So I was invited to join in a 'learning pre-school' busy bag swap and decided to go ahead and do it.  There are only 5 families (9 kids totoal), so it is a managable size.  Also, this is a group of ladies I have never met before. 

Because of all this new excitement I think I have gone craft crazy over here at my house.  For the busy bag swap I am doing 'Eye Spy' with objects and rice in a water bottle.  I will post a picture when they are done.  I am also doing a 'Discovery Bottle' that is created for each child.  I put letter beads inside to spell their name, and used their favorite colors.  Fill with water and hot glue the lid on.  Object of the game: Find the letters in your name, Shake, Roll, Spin and Twirl...learn cause and effect.

Micah and Mackenzie's Discovery Bottles



This has unleashed some sort of CRAZY CRAFT LADY from deep inside of me.  We have also done some 3D art.

Micah's 3D Butterfly Footprints

Mackenzie's 3D Butterfly Footprints


Mackenzie & Micah 3D Elephant Hand Prints



And Sort Objects By Size into water bottles.  I did various color and texture pipe cleaners and ribbons.


Playing with Object Sorting Game


What are some things you do with your Kids to keep busy and creative?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!