Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Book of Ruth

My daughter is in love with fairy tales, and apparently the Book of Ruth is no exception.  Although it is no fairy tale...it is real life!

I had a sweet experience with my 4-year old daughter this weekend.  Just before we went to church I told her that we were starting a study on the book of Ruth in 'big people church' today.  She looked at me and said, "Mommy, you have to read it to me.  Now."  Then she went and got my Bible for me.  I smiled and opened the Bible (New King James Version) and began to read chapter 1.  When I finished chapter 1 I closed the Bible and told everyone we had to go to church now.  She said that we had to finish reading after church.  Of coarse I had my doubts and wondered if she even understood what I read considering the version I was using.

Go to church.

Come home and make lunch.

All sit down to eat lunch.

My daughter grabs my Bible and asks me to finish reading Ruth.  OK, so I read chapter 2 thinking she will not make it past that far.  But when I was done she said, "Is that all?  What happens to the boy?" (Boaz).  Wow, she was listening and understanding.  So I read the last two chapters and she was so excited that Ruth and Boaz got married!  So cute and amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!