Saturday, April 28, 2012

Remember When!

Tonight I was reminded of the first time MY PARENTS met my HUBBY'S PARENTS.  Back then my hubby was just my boyfriend, and the parents meeting parents was a pretty big deal in my mind.  No one else seemed to be altered by this event, but for some reason it made me really nervous.  I am not sure why.  Actually, looking back I realize that if my parents had to meet any other parents I am glad they were the parents of my now husband.  They are great people and wonderful second parents to me.  They are easy to talk to, easy to get along with, and just overall wonderful people; and quite frankly, I am glad they are my in-laws and not some other nightmarish family!!!

I actually remember it clearly.  They were coming over to my family's house and I was so nervous that I kept trying to hold back a nervous giggle.  And if that wasn't enough, I was compulsively cleaning.  I seem to do that when I am nervous...clean...compulsively!  I am sure there are worse things to do when you are nervous, but I remember that I was driving my parents crazy by moving things around and cleaning things that either I or my Mother had already cleaned.

If you are wondering, the night went off without a hitch, and eventually that boyfriend and I were engaged and now married.  Yes, married for 10 long (uh, I mean wonderful) years!

What is your parents meeting parents story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!