Saturday, April 28, 2012

Birthdays, Parties, Christmas and Gifts

As my children are getting older and making more friends (and as my adult friends are having more children of their own) we find ourselves invited to more and more birthday parties and trying to come up with fun yet unique gifts to give.  Some parents say, NO GIFTS while others register for gifts at various shopping establishments around town.  I am great with either extreme and everything in between because I know that every family has their own reasons for why they do what they do. 

I am happy to announce that I have come across a new shop that fulfills my ideals when both purchasing and receiving gifts is required.  No, this is not a new shop, and yes I have heard of it before, but I passed through their doors for the first time last week and both my children and I fell in love with this place.  It is called The Learning Express.  I love that it has educational and free play toys for all ages, various price ranges, and fun curriculum and science/math kits for those home school families out there.  It also has wishlist and gift registries if you are into that kind of thing. 

For our family, every year we tell people that gifts are not needed for both birthdays and Christmas, but every year we are asked what the kids want any way.  I think this next year we will register at The Learning Express and say 'Gifts not required to join in on the fun but if you insist and want some ideas check us out HERE'.  Now I just need to see if Mardel Christian Book Store has a registry; I love that place - lol.

What do you do for your kids and gifts?  Is a registry to presumptuous or rude?  What are your stories?

1 comment:

  1. Like your frank demand! I think it's a best choice for the kids though as birthday or Christmas gift kid doesn't like to get it but if it's possible to convince them somehow then it'll be cool for them. Thanks for the info of 'Mardel Christian Book Store'.
    wrap parties

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!