Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Running Away!

Good News: Mackenzie LOVES her little brother and wants to take care of him, kiss him, hold him and help when she can. 

Bad News: Mackenzie gets less one-on-one attention from me and notices (although she does not notice it is because of her brother - lol).

More Bad News: It takes me about 10 seconds longer than pre Micah to get to Mackenzie when she it doing something she is not suppose to do.  10 seconds is A LOT when dealing with a toddler.

Case in point.  The other day Mackenzie ran into her room and slammed the door behind her.  She loves to do that, but also knows that she can only be in her room alone if the door is open.  Why?  Because she climbs things or pulls on the blinds or other scary 'stuff'.  This time I was nursing Micah, so it took me about 10 seconds longer to get off the sofa and go open her door.  When I did get her door open she was STANDING on top of her dresser baning on her mirror.  Oh the horror and dismay that shot through my heart.  She could fall and break her neck or arm; she could smash the mirror and get all cut up; she could do both!  So, what did I do, I took her down and told her she could not climb on her dresser because it is dangerous.  I told her in the words that she uses that she could 'slip down' or 'be bleeding' that way she would fully understand.  Her response was, "I sorry Mommy."  To my relief she started playing with some other toys and I went back to nursing.  But just a few moments later I hear the door slam again and what did I find???  She was up on the dresser baning on the mirror, again!  So this time I take her down and make her come into the living room with me.  A full blown kicking and screaming tantrum ensues, and when she is done with that (about 45 minutes later) she tells me, "I going away!"  To which she then tried to go out the front door.  My heart sank :(  Seriously...you want to run away because I am loving you and protecting you and you are only two and a half years old?  I pray this is the single moment in her life that she feels this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!