Monday, November 15, 2010

Micah Wayman

Sorry for the lack of post since the birth, but Micah Wayman is here! 
Born October 26, 2010
7 pounds, 14 ounces
20 inches long

His sister, Mackenzie, was also 7 pounds, 14 ounces when she was born, but she was 20.5 inches long.  She was also a due date baby, but Micah was born almost 2 full weeks early.  If he had waited until his due date he would have been between 8 and a half and 9 pounds, and who knows how long.

The first moment I laid eyes on him I thought he looked just like my dad, so Wayman for the middle name is very appropriate.  I won't give too many birth details in this blog because I plan on writing out my birth story and posting it soon, but for those of you that crave information I will tell you that I had a water birth at home with my husband, midwife and midwife backup...the assistant didn't make it until just after the birth.  My total labor was 2 hours and 16 minutes from first contraction until I was holding my precious baby boy.  My midwife was only there for the last 20 minutes and it all took a total of about 4 pushes.  Everyone was happy and healthy.  OK, so that is going to have to hold you over until I type out the official birth story. 

Here are some pictures.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!