Friday, April 10, 2009

We Have Lift Off

Yesterday was a BIG day in the Sherwood house.

Mackenzie decided to try her had (or feet) at walking. She wouldn't just take off and walk, but she would steady herself in front of me and walk toward me. The first time she did it she took 4 steps. The only problem was that she also likes to steady herself in front of me and just fall forward. I was standing up when she decided to 'fall' instead of walk, and it was very strange to watch my little girl fall FACE FIRST into the carpet and not even flinch. Of coarse, she did start crying and when she sat up...BLOOD. Yup. Busted lip #2. It was a tiny cut on the inside of her lip, and no swelling. Daddy was there to witness it all and even told her to learn from her mistakes. Did she? Not really. She still wanted to play the 'falling' game for another good hour. Yuck :(

Later in the afternoon, when Daddy was at work, Mackenzie decided that it really was time to try to walk, and for an hour or more she would steady herself in front of me and walk...no really, WALK. Her shortest number of steps was 4 in a row, and her longest number of steps was 13 in a row. Her average was about 8 straight steps. And she insisted on doing it over and over and over again. The only thing is that she will only walk toward me, and I have to be on the floor in front of her. Oh, and we are using a pillow in my lap just in case she decides to 'fall' without warning, again.

Pretty cool. My daughter is on her way to walking. Oh, and we also had to put cabinet locks on the cabinets...she realized how much fun it is to open them and get into stuff. Only the critical cabinets are locked. The others she can get into :)

Now, that may all sound BIG to you, but I haven't told you the best part yet. Yesterday was also my Dad's Spiritual Birthday. My Dad accepted the Lord Jesus as his Savior 22 years ago yesterday. The same day Mackenzie started walking. Does this mean she will be a spiritual giant? or will walk with God through her entire life? I don't know, but I sure hope it does. Oh, and not to mention...it was also her cousin, Little Wayman's, birthday. Now that's what I call a BIG day.

1 comment:

  1. great news!

    I sure do remember your dad as a spiritual giant himself.

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!