Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Our Foods and Drugs

As most of my readers know I am really excited and passionate about our bodies.  I truly enjoy learning about food, drugs, homeopathic alternatives, nutrition, exercise and the like.  Actually, in school and college the classes I thrived in were the sciences; especially medical and biological sciences. 

Over the past year I have been learning at what seems like a rapid rate of speed when it comes to what our food IS and what our food SHOULD BE, so many (if not all) of my blog posts have been about either positive nutrition or negative additives from the food industry.  I have learned so much that it would be difficult to sit and write anything short of a book on these subjects, so I attempt to pass along information in bite sized pieces here on my blog.  I am not the best writer, and I am sure I have offended some of my readers (not my intention) in the process.  I just want everyone to glean something from this vast and exciting knowledge I am obtaining.

Yesterday (thanks to a friend) I had the privilege to watch a full length film on many of the topics I have been writing about and learning about.  Is is a documentary about a boy that goes in search for a cure for cancer and looking for hope.  The film is The Beautiful Truth, and it is FULL of truth(s) that I believe all of us should know and learn.  The boy in this film is searching for an answer for the cure to cancer, but this film in NOT just for those fighting cancer.  It is for anyone with health issues or that wants to prevent futrue health issues.  In my opinion it is about how to be the healthiest You that You can be.  It is disturbing yet very exciting to be empowered.  I double dog dare you to sit down and watch this film.

This is the trailer for the movie.


I have to be honest, this is a difficult film to watch!  It is shocking and disturbing what is not only allowed to be put into our bodies, but what is encouraged.  This film goes outside the norm of just food additives, but also talks about mercury dental fillings and other aspects of health. 

I would encourage anyone that is in search of a healthier lifestyle to set aside their preconceived notions and to sit down and watch this movie.  If you are in search of health I REALLY recommend this movie.  If you are just curious, I recommend this movie.  Realize, though, that after watching this you will not be the same! 

Watch on YouTube here.  The YouTube version has commercial added in that you can skip 5 seconds after they start to resume the film.

Or you can order on Netflix for an un-interrupted version.

Leave your comments below and let me know what you think about the film and everything else.  Post questions also...I may do a blog post trying to answer your question.

*The opinions in this blog post are solely mine and this is not a paid review.  I am not promoting any industry listed here in.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!