Friday, November 2, 2012

Crier Creek Family Camp

We recently went on our family's first mini-vacation!  We left on Micah's birthday and enjoyed a weekend of nature, friends and fun at Crier Creek Family Camp in Columbus, Texas.  It was cold the first night and day, but slowly warmed up enough to not wear a hat and gloves all the time.  Another bonus...we didn't see, feel or hear one single mosquito!  Don't believe me...see for yourself.  I actually teared up when we were leaving...I am a COUNTRY GIRL at heart and the city kind of makes me sick in my soul...oh well.


Our cabin was The Lone Star.


The first night we had a bonfire.



Mackenzie especially liked the S'mores.


This is my favorite picture.


Me, in a tree.


Like Mother, like son.


Micah's favorite thing...the pendulum swing.



Chillin'.



Wayne's favorite thing...the horses.




My favorite moment? Watching this colt walk up to his Mommy and nurse.  So sweet!

 
The views.

 
 



Archery.


I hit two bulls-eyes out of three.


 

The road home, I was already sad to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!