Friday, June 4, 2010

It's A...

Yes, I will tell you the gender in this blog, but you will have to wade through some other 'stuff' first (insert evil laugh here).

Last week at our play date I had a poll to see what my friends thought we were having; boy or girl?  It was unanimous girl until one of my friends said she had to change to boy to be different from everyone else.  Did she make the correct decision by switching, or should she have stuck with her original thought?

My Mom and Wayne's Dad have been thinking boy.  I have been thinking girl, but all of my dreams have been boy (opposite of Mackenzie when I thought boy and dreamed girl).  Wayne had no idea either way.  I had a lady at church walk up to me and say hello to the baby girl growing inside me.  Who is correct?

Before I tell you the gender I have to tell you about the ultrasound.  Everything looks GREAT.  We saw the heart and the four chambers beating away.  We saw the brain, stomach, kidneys, eyes, face, hands, feet, arms, legs, spine, umbilical cord.  Before we started the scan we were asked if we wanted to find out the gender to which we replied, "yes, if we can see."  Good thing she asked because as soon as she put the receptor on my belly this is what we saw:























Well, it seems that my dreams are ALWAYS RIGHT.  It's a BOY! See the two legs and his 'stuff' sticking out in the middle.  His top leg has a slight shadow due to my scanner not picking up the black and white picture very well, but you can really see that he is a boy!

Now to switch my brain over to baby boy stuff.  I need to completely rethink the nursery.  Mackenzie was really excited and actually seemed to understand.  She didn't want to give back the ultrasound picture and kept saying that it was, "Mackenzie brother" and then rubbing my tummy.  So sweet.

So the ultrasound pictures did not scan very well to my computer...use your imagination.

Baby is looking at you.  Head is on the left of the screen.



3 comments:

  1. NO WAY!! I don't know why I am so shocked. Maybe because you're the first of our playgroup to "cross the streams" and have both boy and girl. You'll have to give us all lots of tips, just in case. :) That's really, really exciting and can't wait to meet him! Do you have names picked out, or are they secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited!!! Little boys are so sweet and are so much fun!! And I truly believe there is no greater charge in life than raising a boy to become a Godly man! We have our ultrasound this afternoon, so check my blog later tonight to find out what we're having!!! My poll sways heavily toward the boy side--we'll see if everyone is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!!!!! I am glad that I changed my mind, cause I was really hoping that you would have a boy...now you might understand Kirsten and I a little more :P You can borrow any clothes that you need and I cannot wait to meet him already :) So happy for you guys...watch out...hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!