Friday, February 27, 2009

Bust-A-Move; or a Lip

That's right, Mackenzie got her first busted lip today...only 5 days away from her first birthday. It was really sad :(

I was getting ready to go to lunch with Wayne (thanks to a gift certificate from his parents) while Mackenzie's Grammy was coming over to watch her. I went into the laundry room to get my shirt that was hanging up and my baby-on-the-move followed me in there. The floor had a slippery spot and WOOSH, her arms came out from under her and her face hit the hard floor. I didn't hear the face plant, so when I turned around to see her crying so loud that no noise was coming out yet, I was hoping she was just scared and not really hurt. I quickly picked her up to give her kisses and console her when I saw it...BLOOD coming out of her mouth. Then I started crying. We went to her room and rocked in her glider until she calmed down. I then went to get a cold washcloth to wipe away the blood an survey the damage. Thank God that it was just a tiny little cut inside her upper lip, and everything else looked good.

Poor thing. She was so upset, and not to mention it was milk and nap time. So I fed her and off to dream land she went. Just minutes after I laid her down in her crib Grammy showed up.

The first (and hopefully the last) busted lip.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad she's okay! That's so sad when they get hurt. Saw has been okay so far...I'm sure we've got lots to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!