Saturday, November 1, 2008

Updates

So, I feel I should write something on here to keep everyone informed. Except that I don't think anyone reads this other than me. I must be keeping myself informed.

First, I must say that I feel like I have the world's best baby. She is happy and sweet and fun. But lately, she has been cranky, and she refuses to sleep. Even when Mackenzie is cranky she is happier that a lot of babies, so please don't think I am complaining; I am just confused. Every time we seem to get into a 'routine' she decides to get out of the 'routine'.

Almost 3 weeks ago Mackenzie began nursing only twice at night. 2 weeks ago she decided she was ready to sleep in her own bed. So amazingly, for about 4 nights I had a baby that slept in her own bed and only woke up twice to eat. It was soooooo nice (while it lasted).

Then she came down with this Roseola virus and has been refusing to sleep in her own bed. Then if that didn't mess up our routine enough she has stepped up her teething by 200% and wakes up 5-7 times at night. So for now she is back in our bed after I walk across the house to soothe her for the third time. I like having her with me anyway, but after a taste of what it is like with her in her own bed only waking up twice I am definitely looking forward to that again. Soon I hope.

Oh, and did I mention that she will NOT take a nap during the day unless I drive her in the car? This started about 5 days ago. Will this house ever see sleep again? I bet we will!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Sawyer has had about fifty "routines" since he was born. I really think that the only way to get a real routine is to do one of those baby-boot-camp things where you ignore what they're telling you and just do what the book says. Which I'm not going to do. For a while, he'd only sleep if I nursed him lying down. Now he'll only sleep if I wear him in the sling. It's crazy! He was moving into his own bed..then he started teething. Now it's 2:30am and I'm up reading blogs with him. Seriously?? So, yeah, I think this is just how life goes when you have a baby. There is so much happening in their first year, it's no wonder!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!