Saturday, August 24, 2013

Frankincense Essential Oil

Frankincense


Frankincense is my absolute favorite oil that is received in your Premium Starter Kit.  If you have never used this oil before, I believe, you will fall in love with it.  At first I wasn't sure what to do with it except to use it on my new born baby.  It is exceptionally gentle and powerful all at the same time.  As I began experimenting with this oil I fell more in love with it's amazing beneficial properties.  I will give some personal testimony below.

Benefits of Frankincense:

Frankincense is considered the 'holy anointing oil' in the Middle East and has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years.  It was one of the oils given to Christ by the 'Wise Men' after His birth.  It has been used to treat every conceivable illness know to man and was valued more than gold during ancient times.  Only people with great wealth could afford it.
The Bible references frankincense over 52 times and is often referred to as incense.  Check out Exodus 30:34, Leviticus 2:1 and Leviticus 2:2 for just a few of the Biblical references.

How to Use Frankincense:

My family likes to use this oil full strength (although you can dilute to stretch the oil if needed, or when using as a massage).  We use directly on location of the issue, diffuse or inhale.  Frankincense enhances and deepens the ability of other oils, so can be added over another oil (like peppermint) to drive it deeper into the body's tissue.  Be careful, it will REALLY drive it deeper!

Personal Experience:

At first I was unsure how to use this oil since I didn't have any tumors or cancer, and wasn't depressed, but I soon learned that it is used for EVERYTHING.  My new born baby was born toward the end of cold season and was beginning to get congested in her eyes and nose.  It is scary for a new mom to have a new baby that is getting sick.  I began praying and applying frankincense directly to the bridge of her nose and eyebrows (keeping away from the eyes) about every 3 hours, and in 24 hours she was completely decongested!  Plus, the smell and mildness of the oil seemed to calm her and her paranoid Momma!

At one time in my life I kept getting canker sores inside my mouth, and the lavender would ease the pain and they would go away within 3 days (instead of lasting their normal 7-10 days).  This was good, but they kept coming back in different places every few weeks.  I decided to try frankincense before bed instead of lavender and not only was the canker sore GONE the next morning, but I haven't had another one in over 2 years!

At another time I kept getting a sty on my eye every few months that was very painful and would last a few weeks.  I remembered how the frankincense had worked on my canker sore, and decided to apply it on the bridge of my nose and the bony part of my eye (upper cheek and eyebrow), keeping it away from the eye.  The sty went away in 24 hours and again has never returned over a year later!

I met a lady that had been suffering from severe arthritis in her hands for years.  It was so bad she could hardly write or open containers of any kind.  She purchased the panaway and was delighted at how it was helping but asked me if there was anything else she could do.  I told her that she could apply frankincense over the panawy, but to be sure to dilute the panaway because the frankincense would drive it deep into her wrists and hands.  She decided NOT to dilute and said it burned like fire for about 20 minutes, but after that she was pain free for over 2 weeks!  That became her routine every few weeks to enjoy pain free hands!

Need oils?  Go sign up today by clicking HERE.  Feel free to use my number of 1069772 when you join. Great News!  It doesn't matter which country you live in; Young Living has a major presence all over the globe! 

Stay Tuned as I will be covering all the products received in the Premium Starter Kit over the next few weeks!



*All information given in this post has been obtained from personal experience and from the Essential Oils Desk Reference guide 4th Edition.  I am not a doctor or a physician, and this information is not meant to treat, diagnose or cure any ailments.  If you are in need of medical attention please seek out a professional health care provider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!