Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How Do You Grow?

This morning I decided to pull out my baby book and have fun looking at old pictures of me when I was a tiny tot; like my own children are right now.  I wanted to read what my Mom wrote about me when I was my kids ages.  And I wanted to compare my height and weight with my precious little ones.

It was really fun!

First, can you guess what age I was when I weighed what Mackenzie is now?  And when I was her height now?  She is 41" tall and 41 pounds (perfect BMI according to the doctor, just ahead of her age).  She has practically been the same size for an entire year now, so not much has changed from her 3rd birthday to her upcoming 4th birthday; except she looks older and more mature.  So, have you figured it out yet?  How old was I when I was 41" tall and weighed 41 pounds?  I was six.  Yup, six years old.  I was average; but she will be tall! 

Next, let's do Micah.  Micah is 15 months old and is about 30" and weighs right at 22 pounds.  How old do you think I was when I was 30" and 22 pounds?  If you guessed 15 months then you are right!  Micah has been tracking almost exactly what I tracked as a baby.  Does that mean he will only be 5'3" and 103 pounds?  No, actually he will probably just continue to grow past junior high (when I stopped growing) and will most likely outgrow his sister; as boys typically do!  But even if he is tiny we love him that way.  I rather enjoy being small ;)

Other interesting things about my baby book is all of the notes my Mom wrote about singing and dancing.  Both of my kids LOVE, LOVE, L-O-V-E to sing and dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!