Thursday, June 25, 2009

Long Time, No BLOG

OK, so it has been a while since I have blogged. You would think being stuck in doors due to the extreme heat of 101*, 104* and 102* would give me extra time, but nope. I work on Young Living when Mackenzie goes down for a nap, so I rarely have time to get on here. Right now she is watching Signing Time and brushing up on her American Sign Language skills, so I have a moment. Can you believe that she can sign over 100 words in ASL? I am pretty amazed.

Last night we started a new sleep routine. I haven't written about Mackenzie's sleep habits lately because they are terrible. She does sleep much better with her Young Living Oils (waking up only 2-3 times instead of 6-8 times), but come on...she is 15 months old; she should be sleeping. We decided to do the semi-cry-it-out. We lay her in her bed awake, give her a kiss and tell her it is bed time then we walk out. Of coarse, she screams. Wayne and I alternate checking on her every 5 minutes and each time we wipe away her tears, give her a kiss and tell her it is time to go to sleep. Last night it took 39 minutes before she decided to lay down and go to sleep. It was really hard and sad, but she only woke up once last night. I hope this semi-cry-it-out thing only lasts a few days. They say it can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. Uggg. I will say that I tried it today for her nap time, and it worked GREAT. She laid down and said, "Milk" to which I told her, "OK, just wait one moment." I gave her some milk and she put herself to sleep. Wonderful!

On to better news: What Mackenzie likes.

All day long Mackenzie finds a shoe (either Mommy's shoe or Daddy's shoe) and walks around in it. She only wears one at a time, and she prefers high hills.

Also, when she wants to feel feminine she looks and me and says, "Girlie." I in turn ask her what she wants in order to feel girlie, and she usually says, "AirBow" (hair bow). Love it!

She has also learned how much fun it is to feed the dog. She runs to the dog's food bowl, takes out one or two pieces of food then runs over to the dog and feed her. She likes to do this once a day for about 20 minutes straight. And she giggles nearly the entire time.

So much personality. She looks just like her Daddy and Nani and acts just like her Mommy. Funny!

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute.

    Welcome back. I read this super fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe your questions and ideas will be featured next!